IT Support Technician
Full-Time - Supporting the Office of the Chief Technology Officer (OCTO)
200 I Street Southeast, Washington, DC 20003, USA
1-5 years of experience. Provides technical assistance to computer system users on a variety of issues. The Customer Support Entry level is a first level representative to the OCTO technical support team.
Customer Support Entry: i. Answer calls in a dynamic IT operations environment; supporting multiple agencies ii. Provide desktop support for technical issues in a Call Center environment as well as off-site locations throughout the District of Columbia iii. Log and route service requests and incidents in an incident management system iv. Create and maintain knowledge articles in the agency's knowledge management system on a daily basis v. Provide a high level of customer service to end users on a daily basis vi. Provide technical expertise related to Microsoft Products, such as Microsoft Office, Windows operating systems, as well as other related Microsoft applications vii. Troubleshoot issues related to agency specific applications and web applications viii. Provide technical support for mobile devices, such as iPads, iPhones, Android devices and tablets ix. Collaborate with the IT leadership team to select and implement cost-effective technology for District x. Maintain service level agreements related to both Call Center and Desk Side support Service/Incident requests xi. Work with other technical teams to coordinate multi-tiered technical support for outages, widespread security incidents xii. Adhere to all Enterprise-wide security policies related to security and integrity of District- owned Resources
CONTRACT JOB DESCRIPTION
1. Provides technical assistance to computer system users on a variety of issues.
2. Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems.
3. Responds to telephone calls, emails, and personnel requests for technical support.
4. Documents, tracks, and monitors the problem to ensure a timely resolution.
5. Has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
6. Answers questions or resolve computer problems for clients in person, via telephone or from remote location.
7. May provide assistance concerning the use of computer hardware and software, including printing, installation, word processing, electronic mail, and operating systems.
8. Provides service and preventive maintenance activities on terminals, printers, personal computers basic knowledge of electrical/mechanical principles and basic electronics.
9. Reads and comprehends technical service manuals and publications.
10. Knowledge of basic mathematics to read and understand various gauges, meters, and measurement devices.
11. Able to diagnose and repair products by replacing worn or broken parts, and making technical adjustments.
12. Makes appropriate use of reference publications and diagnostic aids in resolving technical problems.
13. Strong communication skills.
14. Assists in coordination of changes, upgrades, and new products, ensuring systems shall operate correctly in current and future environment.
15. Provides accurate and complete answers to general use and 35 administrative environment questions in a timely manner.
16. Implements shared software, such as operating systems, configuration management tools, application and development tools, testing tools, compilers, and code editors.
17. Communicates accurate and useful status updates.
18. Manages and reports time spent on all work activities.
19. Able to work in a team environment.
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field or equivalent experience
Complete our quick assessment now
Note: This position description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required. IT InfraSource has the right to revise this position description at any time. This position description is not be construed as a contract for employment.